Monday, March 30, 2009

Oven-fried salmon

This preparation is good for those watching their weight. It has very little oil and salmon is rich in omega 3 fatty acids and has lots of vitamins and good stuff in it.

Ingredients:


Salmon filet (skinless)- 1 pound( 454 gms)
Ginger-garlic paste - 1-1/2 tspns

Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn

Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 tspn
Chilli powder - 1/2 tspn
Beetroot juice- 2 tbspns( optional - added for the color)
Oil- 1 tspn
Salt - to taste.


Directions:


  • Cut salmon into 1-inch pieces.Put into a medium sized bowl.
  • Marinate it with all the above ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F( 177 C) for about 10 mins.
  • Line a baking tray with aluminium foil or parchment paper. Lay the peices on the tray and bake for 15 mins.
  • Turn the pieces of fish over and bake for 15 more mins.
  • Turn off oven and serve fish with a splash of lemon.

Luv 'n' luc'
Smitha

19 comments:

  1. lovely roasted fish, without oil.. great entry.. bloggers are gonna love this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ...oven fried salmon ...that looks delicious....good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely smitha..healthy version with very less oil..nice one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yumm...I too make it the same way, but I just bake the whole fillet...love the idea of cutting into small bits, perfect as an appetizer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous snack to have, yummy. I love Salmon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just saw another salmon recipe somewhere else..looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby dont eat Salmon..says its bland..kashtam lle..he never gives ear to my health preachings when it comes to his taste buds..lol..so we are settled with Tilapia now.. I love the oven fried version..:)..looks yum Smita ..:)
    Have a great week ahead..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi,
    Tha's a stunningly delicious looking appetizer! Loved the idea of baking the fish, I'd deep fry them, I'll try the oven method...thanks for the healthier version smitha.
    Enjoy!
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great click and a great post smitha..I and my son lov salmon...About my feeds, im not sure y they dont appear in ur blog...And thx for book marking. Hope u will enjoy it....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh yeah ! soo sorry dear ..by mistake it was potsed..i am going to post that soon ...Thanks
    Hey fish sounds good ...nice pic aswell .thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. tasty tasty :) my favorite fish. hope you are well Smitha

    ReplyDelete
  12. oven fried salmon looks delicious dear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks yum and delicious!Our favorite fish! I made salmon cake. Yet to post :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Slurrp!!! And thanks a ton for stopping by my blog!!!

    -Ria

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://riascollection.blogspot.com/search/label/Me-Me%20Tag

    I have tagged you in a me-me tag! Its fun!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. oops!! that wasnt the correct link!! here it is

    http://riascollection.blogspot.com/2009/03/me-me-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston

Having 24 hours in a day does not seem sufficient in these times.People are so busy. But it takes just a moment to show kindness.Thank you for stopping here an instant to pen your comments. I appreciate this kindness.Thank you. YOU MADE MY DAY:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

BlogRoll