I'm going straight to the recipe today.
Ingredients:( serves 3-4)
- Skinless chicken legs - 10
- Tandoori chicken masala - 3 tspns ( click here for recipe)
- Chilli powder - 1 tspn
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn
- Salt- to taste
- Ginger-garlic paste - 3 tspns
- Lemon juice - 2 tspns
- Yoghurt - 2 tbspns(or greek yogurt- 1 tbspn)
- Beetroot( beets) juice - 3 tbspns ( optional )
- Oil - 2 tspns
- Place 2 tbspns of yoghurt in a tea-strainer and let it stand for 20 mins. This helps the whey water to drip away from the curd and leaves you with a thick yoghurt. Throw the water away and use the strained curs in the marinade. For those of you who have greek yoghurt, you can omit this first step.
- Mix all the ingredients together and marinate the chicken for about 2-3 hours or best overnight.( the beetroot juice is a natural source of color and is used to add more color to the chicken. I use it to avoid using artificial color )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F( 177 C).
- Then place a pan on medium heat. Roast the chicken in the dry pan for about 3 minutes.This is called searing. Turn the chicken over to the next side and roast for 3 mins.( we do this for the masala not to taste raw ).
- Transfer the drumsticks to a baking tray lined with alumium foil .
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes in the centre rack of the oven.
- Then turn the chicken legs over to the next side and bake again for 15 mins.
- Remove chicken from oven and cover chicken with additional foil( this is done to avoid it from drying out)
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees F( 260 C)
- When the oven reaches 500 F, remove the covering foil of the chicken and bake it on the top most rack of the oven for 5-6 mins. (till the chicken gets a nice char on it) .
- Serve with onions and lemon.
Luv 'n' luc'