Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Easy trifle pudding


This has been in my draft for almost a year now. It is a trifle pudding recipe. I made this when my cousins came over for a meal. Actually, I had made a plain vanilla cake at home then.( Click here for plain cake recipe) But, I did not want to serve the same boring thing. So, I thought a trifle pudding would be more fun for a change.


The layers in the pudding were vanilla cake topped with a banana custard. Then came a layer of cranberry jelly. Then some slightly sweetened whipped vanilla cream and then some chocolate-cream-cookie crumbs. These layers were repeated.


 

Ingredients:

  • Bourbon cookies - 6-8 (optional)
  • Plain vanilla cake - 1/2 kg ( click here for recipe )
  • Cranberry jelly - 4 cups ( recipe below)
  • Custard - 4 cups ( made according to box directions)
  • Chiquita banana -1
  • Heavy whipping cream-  1/2 cup 
  • Powdered sugar - 3 tspns

 Method for making cranberry jelly:


  • In a pan heat 1/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup cranberry juice.
  • Add 3-1/2 tspns of gelatin. When the gelatin has dissolved completely, turn off the heat. Add the remaining cranberry juice and stir. 
  • Cool and let set in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Making banana custard and whipping cream:
  • Make custard according to package directions
  • When it is cool, add slices of Chiquita banana to the custard stir gently. 
  • Refrigerate.
  • In a clean bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks with powdered sugar. Let cook in the refrigerator.
Assembling: 
  • In the serving dish layer some slices of cake.
  • Pour 2 cups of banana custard on the cake layer.
  • Then spoon some jelly as the next layer.
  • Then add dollops of the sweetened whipped cream.
  • Crush some bourbon cookies and make this the next layer.
  • Repeat these layers again.
  • Serve cool

8 comments:

  1. this looks great... sure it was a hit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Smitha,
    Thank you so much for visitng my blog and giving such sweet comments. Thats the first thing I read this morning and you literally made my day :-)

    Your blog has such beautiful recipes and you take such good snaps.I love the name of you blog too :-) I'm already a fan.
    See you more often in the blogging world!! Following u too! Do follow me on facebook too, so I can easily catchup with u :-)

    Regards,
    Manju
    http://manjuseatingdelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one good looking trifle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big dessert eater, but I love pudding. Trifles are so much fun to make. You can be totally creative with the ingredients. This looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Smitha.. First time visiting your space and was amazed with your clicks and delicious recipes.. glad to follow you.. hope you will also follow mine :)

    http://jopreet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divine looking and ever so tempting! I am a big fan of this pudding...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.
    I have read this post and if I could I want to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.
    Maybe you can write next articles referring to
    this article. I want to read even more things about
    it!

    my web blog :: Kindergeburtstag Mannheim

    ReplyDelete
  8. This piece of writing is truly a fastidious one it helps new web
    users, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

    my blog - Kindergeburtstag Mannheim

    ReplyDelete

How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston

Having 24 hours in a day does not seem sufficient in these times.People are so busy. But it takes just a moment to show kindness.Thank you for stopping here an instant to pen your comments. I appreciate this kindness.Thank you. YOU MADE MY DAY:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

BlogRoll