The best thing of being or living in India is that, I can go home whenever I feel like it and our family can visit us often too. That is a real blessing.
My sister and nephew visited us and I made this cake for them.
It was a nice pistachio cake which was infused with cardamom. A handsome quantity of pistachios were ground and added to the cake. Orange zest rendered that zing . The orange flavor came through so well. Cardamom powder does the job of giving a good aroma to the cake. So there is no need for vanilla in this recipe.
What I loved most about the cake was that when I cut a slice, the orange and green specs from the zest and the pistachio were vividly visible, which made it look so beautiful. This cake was a smash hit at home. It lasted 2 days and not a crumb was left.
- Pistachios -1-1/2 cups(unsalted, shelled and toasted )
- All-purpose flour - 1-1/2 cups
- Baking powder - 2-1/2 tspns
- Cardamom powder - 1 tspn
- Salt - 1/4 tspn
- Whole milk - 1 cup
- Unsalted butter - 1-1/2 sticks (at room-temperature)
- Sugar - 1-1/2 cups
- Eggs - 4 large or 5 small
- Grated orange zest - 2 tspns