Yum, yum and yum is all I can say about this salad.
Green gram sprouts (Moong sprouts) are super yum and easy to make at home. Wash and soak a cup of green gram in water overnight. Next morning, discard excess water and tie the gram up in a wet cloth for about 12-16 hours. Your green gram sprouts are ready.
The dressing was a simple mix of lime juice, salt and powdered cumin. The ruby-like pomegranate seeds added sweetness. This salad is a power house of protein and anti-oxidants.
Ingredients: ( serves 2)
- Green gram sprouts - 1 cup
- Pomegranate arils - 1 cup
- Onions - 1/2 of a small onion
- Tomatoes - 1 medium sized
- Green chilli - 1
- Coriander leaves - few sprigs
- Lime juice - from 2 limes
- Powdered cumin - 1/4 tspn
- Salt - to taste
- Finely dice onions, tomatoes and chillies.
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients and toss.
- Serve immediately.
- Grated carrot also can be added to this salad.