Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Garlic bread

I know alot of people who love garlic bread and I myself fall into that category too. I love garlic and I love bread. So, how will I not like garlic bread? Serves as a great accompaniment for soups, pizza or fried chicken. I, usually, serve it with tandoori chicken. Usually garlic bread is made with garlic butter. But, to be on the healthier side, I've added a mix of olive oil instead of using large quantities of butter alone.
I'm not scribbling much today and that may provide some relief to many of you.
Just want to let you know one more thing. I received a huge bundle of awards from Purva of purvasdaawat.blogspot.com. Thanks Purva
I also got a friends award from Lavanya of vividharuchulu.blogspot.com. Thank you Lavanya. Much appreciated.








Ingredients : (5 -6 servings)
  • Baguette bread(long french bread) - 1 Loaf
  • Garlic - 3 medium cloves
  • Butter(room temperature) - 2 tbspns
  • Olive oil - 2 tbspns
  • Oregano - 1 tspn ( or italian seasoning)
  • Salt - to taste
Directions :
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Make a very fine paste of garlic and salt.
  • In a small bowl, take the soft butter along with olive oil, garlic-salt paste and oregano. Mix well.
  • Cut the baguette, lengthwise, into 2 halves.
  • Apply the butter mixer on the bread and bake for 7-8 mins , till the bread turns slightly golden brown.
  • Cut and serve hot.
Luv 'n' luc'
Smitha

17 comments:

  1. Hey I m ur category too...luv garlic breads, Nice click! Congrats on ur awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ! nice click ..i love this bread ..Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love garlic Bread...Looks yumm and nice pics too

    ReplyDelete
  4. The garlic bread looks so yummm...I too could have it with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey smitha,

    Lovely perfect looking bread! love to have it any time :)
    Congratulation of the awards deary!
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made some Pasta last night and some garlic bread. My kids are happy eat these everyday! :)

    Enjoy your awards. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i too love garlic bread..thanks for the recipe..nice pic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely bread smitha. i also make it the same way except that i use rosemary instead of oregano.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think i fall in the same category too!! ncie pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi,I love garlic bread..Nice click!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Join the club..!!I love garlic n my hubby will eeek if he sees it..So I just make it invisible in all dishes..yum bread..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Garlic bread looks yummy :D I fall in the same category.. Love garlic bread and soup anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love garlic bread, I'm waiting to get a oven to cook all yummy breads & cakes.
    Photo looks good. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Garlic bread looks crunchy, I simply love them with pastas or even indulging them alone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Smitha,

    first time on your blog , lovely blog name and recipes ..just stopped by to say hello

    visit me sometime at Meenal's kitchen

    -Meenal

    ReplyDelete
  16. crips garlic bread with hot and spicy soup (i love tomato one) is a winning combination. :) good one smitha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. heyyyyyy Smitha ... I just gave you an AWARD! It's waiting patiently for you to come collect it on my blog. You sure are on a roll with these awards!

    ReplyDelete

How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston

Having 24 hours in a day does not seem sufficient in these times.People are so busy. But it takes just a moment to show kindness.Thank you for stopping here an instant to pen your comments. I appreciate this kindness.Thank you. YOU MADE MY DAY:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

BlogRoll