Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cheers to one more award and the coming of spring - Cranberry Mint Cooler

The weekend was wonderful. We had temperatures of 75 and 76 F. It was really awesome.

For today, thought I'll post something simple. A healthy mocktail. Mocktails are the non-alcoholic counterparts of cocktails. A mix of juices. Refreshing, cold and just the right thing to pull you back up on warm days. The mint in this mocktail adds a kick and zing .

In addition to the onset of spring, I received another Friends Award from the very kind Poornima and Superchef ( of poornimastastytreats and superchef-mirchmasala )

Big, big thanks to them. I really appreciate it.

That's reason enough to celebrate right? So, here's to spring and the awards which make me "spring" :).
This award comes with a clause (as typed below)
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated."It also says : "Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Here comes the toughest part. Choosing just 8 friends to share this award with. But, I have to and I've chosen to pass this award onto 8 very special people :
Preety
Asha
Varsha
Suparna
Shabs
Sia
Neha
Tina

Cheers! To all of you.

The snaps from this post are my final entry to the magnificient click contest

Ingredients :(serves 2)
  • Ice cubes -10-12
  • Cranberry juice - 1-1/4 cups
  • Fresh mint leaves- 12 leaves ( plus more to garnish)
  • Sugar - 2 tspns ( or as per taste)
  • Lemon juice - 1/8 cup
  • Club soda - 1/2 cup
Directions:
  • Muddle the cranberry juice, sugar and lemon juice in a jar.Allow sugar to dissolve.
  • Crush mint leaves with your fingers and add it to the jar with the juices.
  • Allow to sit for 5-6 mins.
  • Add the soda and ice cubes before serving.Mix well.
  • Serve on the rocks.Garnish with mint leaves.
Thunda, thunda.....Cool, cool!
Luv 'n' luc'
Smitha

22 comments:

  1. Hi Smitha,
    Congratulations!!! and happy springing ;)
    The snaps looks super cool!!It's summer time here..love to down a glass of the cooler right away!!! Thanks for sharing the award with me and making me feel special. God Bless!TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.just wanna take a sip n mmmmmm..:)
    Thanks a ton for the award my dear..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thatz an awesome click .. love cranberry with mint

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks amazing and perfect entry for click..especially the second one!! enjoy your award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gr8 combination of flavors..cool..thanks for passing me the award dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conratulations Smitha...that mocktail looks so refreshing, just wanna have a sip...

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time here. You have a very nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very delicous your drink............

    ReplyDelete
  9. smitha, congrats on the awards and thanks for passing it to me:) really appreciate it. but i would be double happy if u were to send me those awards along with this fantastic drink :) what say? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hat is a sight to behold! Great color Smitha.
    I love the entry for the Photo event you have sent too. Gorgeous, looks like a bride with a veil!

    Enjoy your award and thanks for mine too. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey sweety, Congrats on ur award, and thanx for passing it to me as well!By the way thats a damn good shot!Loved it.....And as promised, I made ur vanilla sponge cake for my husbands bday(10th march)and he just loved it....I made buttercream icing and caramel crunch to go with it....I just doubled the recipe since I was baking in a 9" pan...Thx for the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely click Smita. Cranberry juice looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb Click... love the color
    Congrats for ur award and thanx for passing it me ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad that u liked my photography post, Keep coming! Thanks for ur comments too!! I liked ur blogname and the reason for it...Nice !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely cool ;-) Lovely drink and cool blog :)
    This is Anu from My Scrawls. Do visit my blog when u get time. Would be happy to receive your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gal you rock,amazing clicks.I know spring is on the way but not here yet,the cranberry drink looks totally cooling:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey that's a lovely click... love the contrast. good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all you guys. Just love the comments you leave and it always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really soothing for eyes and refreshing drink

    Bundle of awards waiting for you, collect it from my blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow looks cool. Lovely drink and cool blog. First time to your blog and you have a lovely space here.

    Do visit my space when u find time.

    ReplyDelete

How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!
~George Elliston

Having 24 hours in a day does not seem sufficient in these times.People are so busy. But it takes just a moment to show kindness.Thank you for stopping here an instant to pen your comments. I appreciate this kindness.Thank you. YOU MADE MY DAY:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

BlogRoll