So, it's once upon a time:)
5 months ago.......................
I looked right. I looked left. Turned right.Turned left. Backed up. Curb parked, parallel parked and finally.......... got my driver's license. By the way, did I mention that it was my second attempt. (And no, I am not proud of that).
My first attempt was a disaster. I shivered with nervousness and everything that could possibly go wrong,went wrong. I switched-on the wiper instead of the beams, I didn't stop at the "stop" signs and I never checked my mirrors because I was petrified of taking my eyes off of the road. I even put the right indicator and turned left :) I was so nervous, but there's atleast one thing I can proudly say -I DID NOT pee in my pants that day : P
I was determined not to let that happen again (talking about the nervousness). So, after a few more weeks of practice, I attempted again with confidence. My second shot at it was far, far better and fruitful. I was so thrilled with my success that I drove my way home with music blasting from my car stereo. You should have been there to see that proud look of triumph on my face when I tucked my license into my purse. ( I looked like I had hit a jackpot)
Atlast, a free bird, not having to depend on my partner everytime I want to visit the mall or a friend.....I decided to rejoice and planned a party for two . The highlight of that day was........no, not my license card, but a fine pineapple cream cake. Tasted scrumptious and it's become a household favorite.
Me excited today :)
I got this award from Lena. Thank you so much Lena. I feel elated.
There are some rules to the award:
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs (Only if you like).
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blog
As usual, now comes the difficult part. Deciding which blogs to pass the award to.
I would like to pass on the award to:
- Butter( at room temperature) - 2 stick( 225 gms)
- Sugar - 1-1/2 cup
- Eggs(large) - 4
- Pineapple extract - 1 tspn
- All purpose flour - 2 cup
- Baking powder - 2 tspns
- Salt - 1/4 tspn(optional)
- Butter milk - 3/4 cup
- Heavy whipping cream ( chilled) - 1-1/2 cups
- Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
- Corn starch - 1/4 tspn(optional)
- Pineapple pieces - 1/2 cup
- Pineapple extract - 1 drop
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F( 177 C)
- Butter two 8" round cake pan or line it with parchment paper.Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now add the flour mixture and mix Stir in the milk until batter is smooth. (Do not over beat the cake batter as it will result in a hard cake)
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Do the toothpick test to see if the cake is done.(See note below)
If the cake is not done, reduce the oven temperature to 275 degrees F(135 C) and bake for 8-10 mins more.Repeat tooth pick test.
- When the cake is done, let it rest in the cake pan for 10 mins.Then remove the cake from the cake pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
And tada! You are a great baker.
Directions for frosting:
- Whip the chilled heavy cream with an electric whipper and as it thickens add the powdered sugar and corn starch.
- When the cream starts forming stiff peaks, drop spoonfulls on the cake and spread it out neatly.
- To add additional details on top of the cake, like the curls, you need cake decorating cones and cone-tips.( available is all super markets). Fill a cone with the left over cream and pipe out the design of your choice on the cake and garnish with pineapple pieces.
The tooth pick test :Take a tooth pick or a bamboo skewer or a knife and poke it deep into the cake.If it comes out clean when removed, then the cake is ready.If it comes out with wet cake batter, it needs additional time to bake.
Luv 'n' luc'