Last weekend started on a boring note. We had no plans to leave the house as hubby-dear needed to just laze around and relax for a change. Relaxation for him is reading about photography and watching MMA and sports. For me, I had to think of a way to do something nice. So, as usual, I turned to the kitchen to bake. Now, that's what I call relaxation.
So, my weekend relaxation resulted in vanilla cupcakes. They were moist and delicious and this brought hubby's resting phase to a halt as he got busy.............. really busy, munching on these moist cupcakes..............non stop.
- 1-1/2 cup sifted cake flour
- 1-1/2 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Line a cupcake tray or cups with liners.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat well for about 5 minutes, scraping the bowl when needed (batter should be nearly white and fluffy).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Now, alternately, add the flour mixture and milk, starting and ending with flour until just mixed.
- Divide the batter into the cupcake liners until 2/3 full (I used an ice cream scoop which was the perfect amount to fill 1 cupcake). Bake for 20-25 mins, until a toothpick inserted comes out just clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes on a rack.